This programme is open to holders of Bachelor’s Degrees in any discipline from the University of Lagos, University of the West Indies, or any other recognized and approved University with a minimum of Second Class Lower. Such candidates may be admitted provided the university matriculation requirements are satisfied;
- A candidate may be required as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations;
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme (in the case of Nigeria) or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified;
- All academic transcripts of candidates must be presented on or before the commencement of the session for which admission is being sought.
A candidate must satisfy the following requirements in order to qualify for the award of Master of Arts in African Studies. He/ She must pass a minimum of 32 units made up as follows:
- Compulsory courses 24 units
- Elective courses 8 units
Total 32 units
- Residency Requirement: Full time
- Minimum CGPA of 2.40 requirement as stipulated by the school of Postgraduate Studies
- Candidate must satisfy all other requirements as contained in the regulation of the Postgraduate School.